You must have heard of virtual avatars being used today for enhancing the appeal of digital channels and social networking platforms. Virtual avatars are nothing but graphic images that help to represent individuals in the virtual world. Today, more and more businesses are using these to recreate real-world situation during business meets, conferences, and events.
The virtual avatar is like an alter ego, a graphic representation in 3D of us. This concept is both unique and original because no two virtual avatars are the same. The difference exists not only in terms of looks but also in how they interact inside the virtual world. The importance of virtual avatars in events has become undeniable especially in light of the recent global pandemic that forced us to start working from home and holding virtual conferences and workshops over Zoom. Event planners and corporations have been flocking to digital channels to enhance interactions and relations with their colleagues and customers. WebEx and Zoom may have done their job but people are now hungry for more.
What Are The Key Benefits of Using Avatar Platform For Virtual Events?
Avatar-based virtual platforms refer to technologies that allow event attendees to be represented virtually through avatars. So, instead of 2D video screen showing through webcams or your profile picture featuring a headshot being displayed, avatars will show the user top to bottom and enable real-time interactions. You do not need to buy a VR headset; you can access such platforms through your laptops and smartphones.
- One of the strongest reasons to choose avatar based platforms is for co-presence. This refers to the feeling of being in the same location as anyone else. When you build a virtual space where lots of individuals can come together there is a feeling of co-presence that makes way for shared experiences. According to researchers, this feeling ensures better communications and productivity and avatars can enhance the feeling through their facial expressions and lifelike gestures.
- You can use avatars for virtual events to establish a stronger connection. Perhaps the biggest drawback and challenge of WFH is feeling isolated. You cannot replicate the feeling of working with people at home. So, avatars can increase this community feeling for remote workers. Avatar platforms enable greater interactivity amongst avatars and promote social interactions. Representing employees using avatars on leader boards have actually helped to improve motivation amongst workers who had not met officially before this.
- Avatars ensure better engagement. While Zoom calls may have been a godsend during the initial weeks of the pandemic, no one can deny that the exercise soon became tiring and tedious. Focusing on work was becoming increasingly challenging because of too many domestic distractions. The introduction of avatars offers something new for users; a new experience that can be easy to use and something over which they have more control of.
- Avatar-based platform are hugely popular because of the huge library of hair, eye colors, and skin colors together with clothing choices they offer. These can be used to showcase your personality just the way you want it to be displayed on 3D. Incidentally, studies have shown that avatars are very beneficial for those who have reservations about speaking out in public or participating in any public event.
- Finally, it has been noticed that people tend to have faith in virtual information that is offered by avatars. Avatars typically provide non-verbal queues; they share information helping to build more familiarity amongst users.